There are schools offering history degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering History Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a history program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 30 students from its history program. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a history program. It is located in Orlando. In 2010, 142 students graduated from University of Central Florida history program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a history program is University of South Florida-Main Campus. University of South Florida-Main Campus, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Tampa. 156 students graduated with degree in history from University of South Florida-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
History schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $15,175 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,836 per year, or as little as $3,835 per year. In 2010, the following Florida history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida history schools were charged at the following schools:
- Florida Atlantic University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $3,835 per year
- The University of West Florida - located in Pensacola, students are charged $4,154 per year
- University of South Florida-St. Petersburg Campus - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $4,615 per year
A history degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Florida pursue careers as a historian. If you decide to work as a historian in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 70 Florida historians as of 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of historians are:
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 60 historians will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of historians to shrink by -16%.
On average, a historian earns a salary of $59,450 per year in Florida state.
For more data regarding a career in history in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Florida
- Master's Degree in History in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in History in Florida
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Florida