There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Florida students graduate with degrees in homeland security. That means an estimated 267 homeland security professionals graduate from Florida's 17 homeland security schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a homeland security program is Saint Thomas University, which is located in Opa Locka. In 2010, it was ranked 51st nationwide. In 2010, Saint Thomas University graduated no students from its homeland security program. Tuition at Saint Thomas University was $22,770 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a homeland security program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale. Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale graduated 16 students from its homeland security program. Tuition at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale was $14,176 per year.
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a homeland security program. It is located in Daytona Beach. 26 students graduated with degree in homeland security from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach in 2010. The tuition rate at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach was $29,728 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's homeland security schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,887 per year, though tuition can range from $29,728 per year to $2,264 per year. In 2010, the homeland security schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach - located in Daytona Beach, students are charged $29,728 per year
- Saint Thomas University - located in Opa Locka, students are charged $22,770 per year
- Saint Leo University - located in Saint Leo, students are charged $18,150 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida homeland security schools were charged at the following schools:
- Hillsborough Community College - located in Tampa, students are charged $2,264 per year
- Broward College - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $2,272 per year
- Florida State College at Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $2,450 per year
A homeland security degree from a Florida school... what next?
Many Florida homeland security graduates become a fbi special agent, security officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst. If you decide to work as a homeland security professional in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 91,190 Florida homeland security professional as of 2010. This number includes 6,950 transportation security officers, 6,960 fbi special agents, and 76,670 security officers. The largest populations of Florida homeland security professional are working in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 22,090 homeland security professionals
- Hernando County - 11,510 homeland security professionals
- Lake County - 10,210 homeland security professionals
The government projects that the number of homeland security professionals in Florida will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 105,060 homeland security professionals working in Florida. The greatest growth for homeland security professional is predicted to be amongst FBI Special Agents, who are expected to increase by 9% by 2018.
On average, homeland security professionals earn $49,095 per year. But, salaries for homeland security professional can vary. In 2010, homeland security professional made as little as less than $15,590 per year or as much as more than $160,240 per year in Florida. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for homeland security professionals:
- Miami-Dade County - $57,115 per year
- Baker County - $53,818 per year
- Broward County - $50,283 per year
Homeland security professionals in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Flagler County - $20,900 per year
- Indian River County - $21,480 per year
- Marion County - $21,790 per year
On average, the highest paid homeland security professionals in Florida were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $71,590 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $70,550 per year
- Transportation Security Officer - $30,980 per year
The homeland security professionals with lowest average salaries in Florida were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $30,980 per year
- Security Officer - $23,260 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in homeland security. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Florida
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||6,960||$70,550||3.0%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other||6,950||$30,980||-60.4%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other||610||$71,590||-16.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Florida