There are schools offering pastry programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Pastry Programs in Florida
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Florida with a pastry program is The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, which is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale's pastry program. The tuition rate at The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale was $22,105 per year.
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a pastry program. It is located in Hollywood. 55 students graduated with certificate in pastry from Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in 2010. Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts charged in-state students $27,613 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a pastry program is AI Miami International University of Art and Design. AI Miami International University of Art and Design, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. Students at AI Miami International University of Art and Design paid $17,704 per year in tuition fees.
Pastry schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $22,359 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,550 per year, or as little as $2,752 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida pastry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - located in Orlando, students are charged $39,550 per year
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts - located in Hollywood, students are charged $27,613 per year
- Johnson & Wales University-Florida Campus - located in Miami, students are charged $24,429 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida pastry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Valencia Community College - located in Orlando, students are charged $2,752 per year
- AI Miami International University of Art and Design - located in Miami, students are charged $17,704 per year
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,105 per year
A pastry certificate from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of pastry graduates in Florida pursue careers as a pastry chef. 7,890 pastry chefs were working in Florida in 2010. The largest populations of Florida pastry chefs are working in the following counties:
- Baker County - 1,100 pastry chefs
- Miami-Dade County - 1,080 pastry chefs
- Broward County - 900 pastry chefs
The government projects that the number of pastry chefs in Florida will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,980 pastry chefs working in Florida.
On average, a pastry chef earns a salary of $24,070 per year in Florida state. However, Florida pastry chefs earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,780 per year to more than $37,630 per year in 2010. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a pastry chef are:
- Palm Beach County - $27,770 per year
- Collier County - $27,660 per year
- Broward County - $27,340 per year
On average, pastry chefs earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Polk County - $19,890 per year
- Gadsden County - $20,400 per year
- Indian River County - $20,730 per year
For more data regarding a career in pastry in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or culinary, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pastry in Florida
- Certificate in Pastry in Florida
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,701 miles from location||Valencia Community College||Orlando||FL||22.7696||n/a||39,008|
|5,614 miles from location||AI Miami International University of Art and Design||Miami||FL||24.2494||50%||3,913|
|5,612 miles from location||The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale||Fort Lauderdale||FL||24.6928||95%||3,217|
|5,613 miles from location||Johnson & Wales University-Florida Campus||Miami||FL||20.3506||15%||2,033|
|5,622 miles from location||Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts||Hollywood||FL||24.4378||n/a||1,114|
|5,704 miles from location||Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts||Orlando||FL||24.1176||n/a||1,113|
Curious what studying Pastry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Chefs and Head Cooks +||6,150||$47,950||-22.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pastry related jobs in Florida