There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Florida
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Tennessee
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Mississippi
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in South Carolina
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Georgia
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in North Carolina
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Alabama
- See All Schools in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Florida students graduate with degrees in physical therapy assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 426 physical therapy assistants graduate from Florida's 18 physical therapy assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a physical therapy assistant program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale's physical therapy assistant program. Tuition at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale was $14,176 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a physical therapy assistant program is Academy for Practical Nursing & Health Occupations. Academy for Practical Nursing & Health Occupations, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in West Palm Beach. 22 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Academy for Practical Nursing & Health Occupations in 2010.
South University-West Palm Beach, which is located in West Palm Beach, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. 51 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from South University-West Palm Beach in 2010. Tuition at South University-West Palm Beach was $15,285 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida physical therapy assistant school, average tuition will be $5,013 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,179 per year to $15,285 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida physical therapy assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- South University-Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $15,285 per year
- South University-West Palm Beach - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $15,285 per year
- Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $14,176 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida physical therapy assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Broward College - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $2,272 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in Florida go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. In 2010, there were 3,740 physical therapy assistants working in Florida. The following counties have the largest number of Florida physical therapy assistants:
- Hernando County - 870 physical therapy assistants
- Miami-Dade County - 370 physical therapy assistants
- Lake County - 320 physical therapy assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physical therapy assistants is expected to grow by 31% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,660 physical therapy assistants working in the Florida then.
On average, physical therapy assistants earn $55,280 per year. However, Florida physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,580 per year to more than $86,250 per year in 2010. A physical therapy assistant in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Martin County - $65,710 per year
- Polk County - $58,850 per year
- Hernando County - $58,840 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Marion County - $40,980 per year
- Alachua County - $43,970 per year
- Palm Beach County - $49,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Florida
- Certificate in Physical Therapy Assisting in Florida
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||3,740||$55,280||1.6%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||2,400||$23,820||21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Florida