There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a respiratory therapy program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 57 students from its respiratory therapy program. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
ATI College of Health, which is located in Miami, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ATI College of Health graduated 209 students from its respiratory therapy program.
Concorde Career Institute, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Jacksonville. In 2010, Concorde Career Institute graduated 19 students from its respiratory therapy programs. Concorde Career Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's respiratory therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,215 per year, though tuition can range from $5,021 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the following Florida respiratory therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $4,635 per year
- Seminole State College of Florida - located in Sanford, students are charged $2,904 per year
The respiratory therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Florida pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. 6,450 respiratory therapists were working in Florida in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida respiratory therapists:
- Miami-Dade County - 960 respiratory therapists
- Hernando County - 920 respiratory therapists
- Lake County - 730 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of Florida will grow to 7,800. This would require a 22% growth in the profession.
A respiratory therapist in Florida earns $51,040 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Florida had varying salaries from $34,980 to $72,070 per year in 2010. On average a respiratory therapist earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Indian River County - $56,980 per year
- Collier County - $55,380 per year
- Broward County - $54,810 per year
A respiratory therapist in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $43,500 per year
- Okaloosa County - $45,210 per year
- Bay County - $45,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Florida
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Florida
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||1,170||$46,800||-30.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Florida