There are schools offering sports management degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a sports management program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 58 students graduated with a degree in sports management from University of Miami in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 28 students graduated with degree in sports management from University of Central Florida in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a sports management program is Eckerd College, which is located in Saint Petersburg. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, Eckerd College graduated 1 students from its sports management programs. Eckerd College charged in-state students $33,228 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's sports management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,092 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $4,909 per year. The Florida sports management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
The sports management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of North Florida - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $4,909 per year
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
A sports management degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of sports management graduates in Florida pursue careers as a sports manager. 13,000 sports managers were working in Florida in 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of sports managers are:
- Miami-Dade County - 2,520 sports managers
- Lake County - 1,900 sports managers
- Broward County - 1,090 sports managers
The government projects that the number of sports managers in Florida will shrink by 0%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 32,860 sports managers working in Florida.
On average, a sports manager earns a salary of $90,400 per year in Florida state. In 2010, however, some Florida sports managers earned as little as less than $23,980 per year or as much as more than $160,000 per year. A sports manager in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Brevard County - $104,770 per year
- Volusia County - $98,590 per year
- Palm Beach County - $96,880 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for sports managers are:
- Calhoun County - $48,010 per year
- Bradford County - $51,680 per year
- Marion County - $69,440 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in sports management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Florida
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Sports Management in Florida
- Certificate in Sports Management in Florida
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||13,000||$90,400||-10.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Florida