There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Florida
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Florida graduates receive certificates in surgical technology. In other words, every year an estimated 805 surgical technologists graduate from Florida's 42 surgical technologist schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a surgical technologist program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale. Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Lauderdale. 13 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Tuition at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale was $14,176 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a surgical technologist program is Keiser Career College-Greenacres, which is located in West Palm Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 104 students graduated from Keiser Career College-Greenacres surgical technologist program. Keiser Career College-Greenacres charged in-state students $14,176 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a surgical technologist program is Sarasota County Technical Institute, which is located in Sarasota. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Sarasota County Technical Institute surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Sarasota County Technical Institute was $0 per year.
Tuition at Florida's surgical technologist schools ranges from $15,763 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,557 per year. The Florida surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest Institute-Hialeah - located in Hialeah, students are charged $15,763 per year
- Virginia College-Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $15,519 per year
- Everest Institute-Kendall - located in Miami, students are charged $14,755 per year
The surgical technologist schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. If you decide to work as a surgical technologist in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,360 Florida surgical technologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Florida surgical technologists are working in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 880 surgical technologists
- Hernando County - 860 surgical technologists
- Lake County - 810 surgical technologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of surgical technologists in the state of Florida will grow to 7,570. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $37,050 per year in Florida state. However, Florida surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $23,600 per year to more than $70,610 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Lee County - $45,610 per year
- Collier County - $41,430 per year
- Charlotte County - $38,760 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Gadsden County - $32,660 per year
- Bradford County - $33,470 per year
- Bay County - $33,730 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Florida
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Florida
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Florida