There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Florida students graduate with degrees in veterinary technology. In other words, every year an estimated 259 veterinary technicians graduate from Florida's 13 veterinary technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a veterinary technician program is Florida Institute of Animal Arts, which is located in Winter Park. In 2010, it was ranked 63rd nationwide. In 2010, Florida Institute of Animal Arts graduated 107 students from its veterinary technician program.
Sarasota County Technical Institute, which is located in Sarasota, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a veterinary technician program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010.
Marion County Community Technical and Adult Education Center, which is located in Ocala, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a veterinary technician program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Marion County Community Technical and Adult Education Center graduated 11 students from its veterinary technician programs. Students at Marion County Community Technical and Adult Education Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Florida veterinary technician school, average tuition will be $3,291 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,190 per year to $13,900 per year. The Florida veterinary technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $13,900 per year
- Sanford-Brown Institute - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $11,000 per year
- Daytona State College - located in Daytona Beach, students are charged $2,877 per year
The veterinary technician schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
- Brevard Community College - located in Cocoa, students are charged $2,256 per year
- Hillsborough Community College - located in Tampa, students are charged $2,264 per year
A veterinary technician degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of veterinary technician graduates in Florida pursue careers as a veterinary technician. 6,170 veterinary technicians were working in Florida in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Florida veterinary technicians:
- Hernando County - 970 veterinary technicians
- Lake County - 660 veterinary technicians
- Baker County - 600 veterinary technicians
The government projects that the number of veterinary technicians in Florida will grow by 24%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,160 veterinary technicians working in Florida.
A veterinary technician in Florida makes an average of $29,650 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida veterinary technicians earned as little as less than $16,750 per year or as much as more than $51,190 per year. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for veterinary technicians:
- Palm Beach County - $34,880 per year
- Indian River County - $32,990 per year
- Broward County - $32,710 per year
On average, veterinary technicians earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Gadsden County - $22,090 per year
- Polk County - $25,040 per year
- Volusia County - $26,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in veterinary technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Florida
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology in Florida
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||6,170||$29,650||31.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in Florida