There are schools offering electrician courses in Georgia!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Georgia
Everest Institute-Decatur, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a electrician program. It is located in Decatur. In 2010, Everest Institute-Decatur graduated 56 students from its electrician program. The tuition rate at Everest Institute-Decatur was $21,609 per year.
North Georgia Technical College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a electrician program. It is located in Clarkesville. In 2010, North Georgia Technical College graduated 46 students from its electrician program. Students at North Georgia Technical College paid $2,310 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a electrician program is Sandersville Technical College, which is located in Sandersville. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 33 students graduated with certificate in electrician from Sandersville Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Sandersville Technical College was $2,268 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's electrician schools ranges from $21,609 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,075 per year. The Georgia electrician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest Institute-Decatur - located in Decatur, students are charged $21,609 per year
- Bainbridge College - located in Bainbridge, students are charged $3,086 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Southeastern Technical College - located in Vidalia, students are charged $2,268 per year
An electrician certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrician school in Georgia go on to work as an electrician. If you decide to work as an electrician in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 13,470 Georgia electricians as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia electricians:
- Barrow County - 7,690 electricians
- Bryan County - 730 electricians
- Burke County - 680 electricians
The government projects that the number of electricians in Georgia will grow by 2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 12,280 electricians working in Georgia.
An electrician in Georgia earns $42,910 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. electricians in Georgia had varying salaries from $21,590 to $64,530 per year in 2010. An electrician in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bryan County - $45,290 per year
- Floyd County - $44,480 per year
- Barrow County - $44,410 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for electricians:
- Liberty County - $30,670 per year
- Russell County - $33,930 per year
- Brooks County - $35,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Georgia
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Georgia
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||4,490||$47,730||-10.7%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||3,300||$58,130||-34.7%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||3,130||$48,320||-9.8%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||970||$61,660||-12.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Georgia