There are schools offering fashion programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Georgia
Your Favorite Schools
University of Georgia, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a fashion program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, University of Georgia graduated 79 students from its fashion program. The tuition rate at University of Georgia was $8,736 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a fashion program is Brenau University, which is located in Gainesville. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. 8 students graduated with degree in fashion from Brenau University in 2010. Brenau University charged in-state students $20,130 in tuition fees per year.
Savannah College of Art and Design, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a fashion program. It is located in Savannah. 120 students graduated with degree in fashion from Savannah College of Art and Design in 2010. The tuition rate at Savannah College of Art and Design was $29,570 per year.
Fashion schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $16,235 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,570 per year, or as little as $2,064 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia fashion schools were charged at the following schools:
- Savannah College of Art and Design - located in Savannah, students are charged $29,570 per year
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- Bauder College - located in Atlanta, students are charged $18,466 per year
The fashion schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- University of Georgia - located in Athens, students are charged $8,736 per year
- American InterContinental University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $15,465 per year
A fashion degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Many Georgia fashion graduates become a marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. 158,630 fashion professionals were working in Georgia in 2010. Of these, 120 were fashion designers. In addition, 5,970 were marketing managers, and 2,540 were merchadisers. The largest populations of Georgia fashion professional are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 91,820 fashion professionals
- Burke County - 7,650 fashion professionals
- Bryan County - 6,950 fashion professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 210,600 fashion professionals will be working in Georgia. This would require the number of fashion professional to grow by 11%.
On average, fashion professionals earn a salary of $48,529 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. Fashion professional in Georgia had varying salaries from $15,510 to $166,200 per year in 2010. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for fashion professionals:
- Hall County - $57,128 per year
- Barrow County - $53,451 per year
- Bryan County - $52,814 per year
On average, fashion professionals earn the least in the following Georgia counties:
- Liberty County - $20,070 per year
- Baker County - $20,140 per year
- Brooks County - $20,900 per year
On average, the highest paid fashion professionals in Georgia were:
- Marketing Manager - $112,750 per year
- Fashion Designer - $62,260 per year
- Merchadiser - $59,860 per year
The fashion professionals with lowest average salaries in Georgia were:
- Sales Associate - $23,180 per year
- Pattern Designer - $21,360 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Fashion in Georgia
- Certificate in Fashion in Georgia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,845 miles from location||University of Georgia||Athens||GA||84.6189||51%||34,885|
|5,703 miles from location||Savannah College of Art and Design||Savannah||GA||31.5137||31%||9,906|
|5,885 miles from location||Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville||GA||13.6957||n/a||6,649|
|5,901 miles from location||The Art Institute of Atlanta||Atlanta||GA||20.6102||91%||3,882|
|5,904 miles from location||Clark Atlanta University||Atlanta||GA||22.0674||18%||3,873|
|5,872 miles from location||Brenau University||Gainesville||GA||54.8741||12%||2,760|
|5,901 miles from location||American InterContinental University||Atlanta||GA||16.6288||100%||2,050|
|5,903 miles from location||Bauder College||Atlanta||GA||13.6509||n/a||1,499|
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Retail Salespersons +||141,690||$23,180||9.6%|
|Marketing Managers +||5,970||$112,750||-9.1%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders +||5,110||$26,600||-29.0%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products +||2,540||$59,860||-25.5%|
|Fashion Designers +||120||$62,260||100.0%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers +||70||$21,360||-66.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Georgia