There are schools offering medical transcription training in Georgia!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in Georgia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Georgia students graduate with certificates in medical transcription. In other words, every year an estimated 231 medical transcriptionists graduate from Georgia's 15 medical transcription schools.
Altamaha Technical College, which is located in Jesup, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in medical transcription from Altamaha Technical College in 2010. Altamaha Technical College charged in-state students $2,268 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical transcription program is Albany Technical College. Albany Technical College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Albany. Students at Albany Technical College paid $2,268 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical transcription program is Augusta Technical College. Augusta Technical College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Augusta. 5 students graduated with certificate in medical transcription from Augusta Technical College in 2010. Students at Augusta Technical College paid $2,280 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's medical transcription schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,841 per year, though tuition can range from $11,010 per year to $1,863 per year. The Georgia medical transcription schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Brown College of Court Reporting and Medical Transcription - located in Atlanta, students are charged $11,010 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
- Chattahoochee Technical College - located in Marietta, students are charged $2,370 per year
The medical transcription schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Altamaha Technical College - located in Jesup, students are charged $2,268 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical transcription school in Georgia go on to work as a medical transcriptionist. Georgia had 1,290 medical transcriptionists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia medical transcriptionists:
- Barrow County - 500 medical transcriptionists
- Burke County - 110 medical transcriptionists
- Appling County - 100 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical transcriptionists in the state of Georgia will grow to 1,740. This would require a 19% growth in the profession.
On average, medical transcriptionists earn $32,660 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical transcriptionists in Georgia had varying salaries from $17,280 to $48,180 per year in 2010. On average a medical transcriptionist earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $35,940 per year
- Bryan County - $35,270 per year
- Floyd County - $33,290 per year
On average, medical transcriptionists earns the least in the following Georgia counties:
- Baker County - $24,150 per year
- Baldwin County - $27,600 per year
- Brooks County - $28,260 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in medical transcription and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in Georgia
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in Georgia