There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Georgia
Your Favorite Schools
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Georgia graduates receive degrees in sports medicine. In other words, every year an estimated 50 sports medicine professionals graduate from Georgia's 8 sports medicine schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a sports medicine program is Georgia College & State University, which is located in Milledgeville. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Georgia College & State University's sports medicine program. Students at Georgia College & State University paid $7,852 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a sports medicine program is Valdosta State University. Valdosta State University, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Valdosta. In 2010, Valdosta State University graduated 12 students from its sports medicine program. Tuition at Valdosta State University was $5,406 per year.
Armstrong Atlantic State University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Savannah. In 2010, Armstrong Atlantic State University graduated 4 students from its sports medicine programs. Students at Armstrong Atlantic State University paid $4,510 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Georgia sports medicine school, average tuition will be $7,181 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,355 per year to $14,653 per year. In 2010, the sports medicine schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- American Professional Institute - located in Macon, students are charged $14,653 per year
- Andrew College - located in Cuthbert, students are charged $12,138 per year
- Georgia College & State University - located in Milledgeville, students are charged $7,852 per year
The sports medicine schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- West Georgia Technical College - located in Waco, students are charged $2,355 per year
- Armstrong Atlantic State University - located in Savannah, students are charged $4,510 per year
- North Georgia College & State University - located in Dahlonega, students are charged $5,194 per year
A sports medicine degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in Georgia pursue include sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. If you decide to work as a sports medicine professional in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 18,570 Georgia sports medicine professional as of 2010. This number includes 5,510 sports medicine physicians, 450 sports medicine coordinator s, and 4,490 physical therapy professors. The largest populations of Georgia sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 11,010 sports medicine professionals
- Burke County - 920 sports medicine professionals
- Appling County - 690 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of sports medicine professionals in the state of Georgia will grow to 11,570. This would require a 33% growth in the field.
sports medicine professionals in Georgia make an average of $88,452 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia sports medicine professional earned as little as less than $15,580 per year or as much as more than $123,090 per year. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for sports medicine professionals are:
- Clarke County - $125,300 per year
- Russell County - $98,987 per year
- Appling County - $94,272 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for sports medicine professional:
- Houston County - $50,450 per year
- Banks County - $52,850 per year
- Brooks County - $53,343 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Georgia were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $217,620 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $100,130 per year
- Physical Therapist - $76,330 per year
The sports medicine professionals with lowest average salaries in Georgia were:
- Coach - $45,810 per year
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $42,960 per year
For more data regarding a career in sports medicine in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Medicine in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Georgia
- Certificate in Sports Medicine in Georgia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,746 miles from location||Georgia Southern University||Statesboro||GA||32.9448||72%||19,086|
|5,827 miles from location||Valdosta State University||Valdosta||GA||59.0098||52%||12,391|
|5,707 miles from location||Armstrong Atlantic State University||Savannah||GA||55.7086||61%||7,538|
|5,948 miles from location||West Georgia Technical College||Waco||GA||14.9188||n/a||7,313|
|5,833 miles from location||Georgia College & State University||Milledgeville||GA||63.1655||48%||6,633|
|5,882 miles from location||North Georgia College & State University||Dahlonega||GA||27.7495||53%||5,652|
|5,856 miles from location||American Professional Institute||Macon||GA||18.7363||n/a||1,299|
|5,919 miles from location||Andrew College||Cuthbert||GA||14.991||41%||229|
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other +||5,510||$217,620||16.0%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary +||4,490||$100,130|
|Physical Therapists +||3,720||$76,330||27.0%|
|Coaches and Scouts +||3,020||$45,810||34.8%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants +||1,380||$47,860||-12.7%|
|Athletic Trainers +||450||$42,960||36.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Georgia