There are schools offering veterinary programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Veterinary Medicine Programs in Georgia
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a veterinary program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 84 students graduated with a degree in veterinary from University of Georgia in 2010. Tuition at University of Georgia was $8,736 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a veterinary program is Berry College. Berry College, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Berry. 27 students graduated with degree in veterinary from Berry College in 2010. The tuition rate at Berry College was $24,620 per year.
Fort Valley State University, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a veterinary program. It is located in Fort Valley. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Fort Valley State University veterinary program. The tuition rate at Fort Valley State University was $5,562 per year.
If you choose to attend a Georgia veterinary school, average tuition will be $6,870 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,863 per year to $24,620 per year. In 2010, the veterinary schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Berry College - located in Mount Berry, students are charged $24,620 per year
- University of Georgia - located in Athens, students are charged $8,736 per year
- Fort Valley State University - located in Fort Valley, students are charged $5,562 per year
The veterinary schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Ogeechee Technical College - located in Statesboro, students are charged $2,283 per year
A veterinary degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia veterinary graduates become veterinarians. 1,610 veterinarians were working in Georgia in 2010. In Georgia, the largest numbers of veterinarians work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 870 veterinarians
- Burke County - 90 veterinarians
- Appling County - 70 veterinarians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinarians in the state of Georgia will grow to 520. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
A veterinarian in Georgia earns $79,870 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. veterinarians in Georgia had varying salaries from $35,560 to $152,110 per year in 2010. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for a veterinarian are:
- Hall County - $118,280 per year
- Burke County - $87,260 per year
- Bryan County - $85,380 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for veterinarians are:
- Bulloch County - $62,190 per year
- Baker County - $76,510 per year
- Barrow County - $76,650 per year
For more data regarding a career in veterinary medicine in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Georgia
- Certificate in Veterinary Medicine in Georgia
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|5,845 miles from location||University of Georgia||Athens||GA||84.6189||51%||34,885|
|5,885 miles from location||Gwinnett Technical College||Lawrenceville||GA||13.6957||n/a||6,649|
|5,843 miles from location||Athens Technical College||Athens||GA||14.3033||n/a||5,167|
|5,869 miles from location||Fort Valley State University||Fort Valley||GA||21.9471||40%||3,553|
|5,843 miles from location||Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College||Tifton||GA||20.9039||87%||3,327|
|5,748 miles from location||Ogeechee Technical College||Statesboro||GA||16.8119||n/a||2,419|
|5,950 miles from location||Berry College||Mount Berry||GA||63.3969||35%||1,922|
Curious what studying Veterinary gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers +||4,190||$22,020||26.6%|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians +||2,290||$25,510||42.2%|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers +||1,460||$23,210||-38.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary related jobs in Georgia