There are schools offering accounting degrees in Idaho!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Idaho
The top-ranked school in Idaho with a accounting program is University of Idaho, which is located in Moscow. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. 64 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Idaho in 2010. Tuition at University of Idaho was $5,402 per year.
The College of Idaho, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Idaho that has a accounting program. It is located in Caldwell. In 2010, 4 students graduated from The College of Idaho accounting program. Tuition at The College of Idaho was $21,380 per year.
Boise State University, which is located in Boise, is the third-ranked school in Idaho that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 161 students graduated from Boise State University accounting program. Students at Boise State University paid $5,300 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Idaho's accounting schools ranges from $23,100 per year to $2,038 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,481 per year. In 2010, the following Idaho accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Northwest Nazarene University - located in Nampa, students are charged $23,100 per year
- The College of Idaho - located in Caldwell, students are charged $21,380 per year
- University of Phoenix-Idaho Campus - located in Meridian, students are charged $10,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Idaho accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Idaho Technical College - located in Idaho Falls, students are charged $2,038 per year
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
An accounting degree from an Idaho school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Idaho pursue careers as an accountant. 2,910 accountants were working in Idaho in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Idaho accountants:
- Ada County - 1,570 accountants
- Blaine County - 280 accountants
- Kootenai County - 250 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in Idaho will grow by 24%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,300 accountants working in Idaho.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $59,050 per year in Idaho state. In 2010, however, some Idaho accountants earned as little as less than $25,490 per year or as much as more than $117,320 per year. An accountant in the following Idaho counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Benewah County - $75,660 per year
- Bannock County - $71,790 per year
- Bonneville County - $69,050 per year
The following counties in Idaho have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Adams County - $42,580 per year
- Kootenai County - $50,280 per year
- Nez Perce County - $55,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Idaho
- Certificate in Accounting in Idaho
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||8,060||$31,640||-6.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||2,910||$59,050||-3.0%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||2,190||$30,320||2.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,090||$32,300||10.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Idaho