There are schools offering law programs in Idaho!
Schools Offering Law Programs in Idaho
University of Idaho, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a law program. It is located in Moscow. In 2010, 116 students graduated from University of Idaho's law program. Students at University of Idaho paid $5,402 per year in tuition fees.
Boise State University, which is located in Boise, is the second-ranked school in Idaho that has a law program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. 109 students graduated with degree in law from Boise State University in 2010. Tuition at Boise State University was $5,300 per year.
The third-ranked school in Idaho that has a law program is Milan Institute. Milan Institute, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Boise. In 2010, Milan Institute graduated 0 students from its law programs. The tuition rate at Milan Institute was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Idaho's law schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,425 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $2,038 per year. In 2010, the following Idaho law schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Boise - located in Boise, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Idaho Campus - located in Meridian, students are charged $10,200 per year
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
The law schools in Idaho that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern Idaho Technical College - located in Idaho Falls, students are charged $2,038 per year
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
A law degree from an Idaho school... what next?
law graduates in Idaho can go into a variety of professions such as law clerk, administrative judge, police officer, court clerk, and paralegal. In 2010, there were 9,280 law professional working in Idaho, including 2,150 lawyers, 120 law clerks, and 40 administrative judges. The largest populations of Idaho law professional are working in the following counties:
- Ada County - 4,460 law professionals
- Benewah County - 610 law professionals
- Bear Lake County - 590 law professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of law professionals in the state of Idaho will grow to 10,890. This would require a 17% growth in the field.
law professionals in Idaho earn $53,648 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Law professional in Idaho had varying salaries from $17,930 to $158,480 per year in 2010. The counties in Idaho with the highest average salary for law professionals are:
- Nez Perce County - $73,303 per year
- Ada County - $52,016 per year
- Bannock County - $49,457 per year
The following counties in Idaho have the lowest average salaries for law professional:
- Adams County - $34,750 per year
- Benewah County - $40,170 per year
- Blaine County - $40,908 per year
The law professionals with highest average salaries in Idaho were:
- Judge - $108,900 per year
- Lawyer - $94,950 per year
- Administrative Judge - $69,930 per year
On average, the lowest paid law professionals in Idaho were:
- Bailiff - $31,590 per year
- Court Clerk - $31,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in law and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or public administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Law in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Law in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Law in Idaho
- Doctoral Degree in Law in Idaho
- Certificate in Law in Idaho
Curious what studying Law gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers||2,750||$45,570||-0.4%|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||950||$31,430||43.9%|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||830||$39,540||36.1%|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||730||$38,330||46.0%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||410||$61,950||7.9%|
|Judges, Magistrate Judges, and Magistrates||140||$108,900||40.0%|
|Judicial Law Clerks||120||$41,280|
|Fish and Game Wardens||120||$46,740||0.0%|
|Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers||40||$69,930||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are law related jobs in Idaho