There are schools offering mechanical engineering degrees in Idaho!
Schools Offering Mechanical Engineering Programs in Idaho
The top-ranked school in Idaho with a mechanical engineering program is University of Idaho, which is located in Moscow. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. In 2010, University of Idaho graduated 83 students from its mechanical engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Idaho was $5,402 per year.
The second-ranked school in Idaho with a mechanical engineering program is Boise State University, which is located in Boise. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. 36 students graduated with degree in mechanical engineering from Boise State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Boise State University was $5,300 per year.
The third-ranked school in Idaho that has a mechanical engineering program is Brigham Young University-Idaho. Brigham Young University-Idaho, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Rexburg. In 2010, Brigham Young University-Idaho graduated 80 students from its mechanical engineering programs. The tuition rate at Brigham Young University-Idaho was $3,660 per year.
Tuition at Idaho's mechanical engineering schools ranges from $5,416 per year to $2,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,279 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Idaho mechanical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
- University of Idaho - located in Moscow, students are charged $5,402 per year
- Boise State University - located in Boise, students are charged $5,300 per year
The mechanical engineering schools in Idaho that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
- Brigham Young University-Idaho - located in Rexburg, students are charged $3,660 per year
A mechanical engineering degree from an Idaho school... what next?
Most people who graduate from mechanical engineering school in Idaho go on to work as a mechanical engineer. In 2010, there were 1,120 mechanical engineers working in Idaho. The Idaho counties with the largest populations of mechanical engineers are:
- Ada County - 520 mechanical engineers
- Bear Lake County - 310 mechanical engineers
- Kootenai County - 130 mechanical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of mechanical engineers is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,470 mechanical engineers working in the Idaho then.
A mechanical engineer in Idaho makes an average of $84,850 per year. But, salaries for mechanical engineers can vary. In 2010, mechanical engineers made as little as less than $36,430 per year or as much as more than $133,520 per year in Idaho. A mechanical engineer in the following Idaho counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bonneville County - $126,320 per year
- Bear Lake County - $98,310 per year
- Ada County - $82,520 per year
The following counties in Idaho have the lowest average salaries for mechanical engineers:
- Nez Perce County - $68,310 per year
- Benewah County - $68,370 per year
- Kootenai County - $70,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in mechanical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as civil engineering or mechanical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Idaho
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Idaho
Curious what studying Mechanical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||720||$81,620||-54.7%|
|Mechanical Engineering Technicians||480||$49,070||92.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are mechanical engineering related jobs in Idaho