There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Illinois students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. Thus, Illinois' 58 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 1,422 administrative assistants each year.
National Latino Education Institute, which is located in Chicago, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from National Latino Education Institute in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a administrative assistant program is Computer Systems Institute, which is located in Skokie. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Computer Systems Institute graduated 134 students from its administrative assistant program.
Pyramid Career Institute, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pyramid Career Institute graduated 1 students from its administrative assistant programs. Tuition at Pyramid Career Institute was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $4,669 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,194 per year to $20,980 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern College - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,980 per year
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
- Robert Morris University Illinois - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,100 per year
The following Illinois administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Illinois go on to work as an administrative assistant. 58,400 administrative assistants were working in Illinois in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois administrative assistants:
- Cook County - 39,330 administrative assistants
- Lake County - 3,940 administrative assistants
- Menard County - 1,950 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 82,160 administrative assistants will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 8%.
On average, administrative assistants earn $45,550 per year. However, Illinois administrative assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,500 per year to more than $70,700 per year in 2010. An administrative assistant in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Menard County - $50,830 per year
- Lake County - $47,600 per year
- Champaign County - $47,360 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $35,320 per year
- Marshall County - $37,250 per year
- Kankakee County - $37,590 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Illinois
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Illinois
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||119,350||$29,070||6.5%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||63,780||$32,140||-14.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||58,400||$45,550||-19.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Illinois