There are schools offering architecture degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a architecture program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 198 students graduated with a degree in architecture from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Illinois Institute of Technology, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a architecture program. It is located in Chicago. 193 students graduated with degree in architecture from Illinois Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Illinois Institute of Technology paid $32,442 per year in tuition fees.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a architecture program. It is located in Champaign. In 2010, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign graduated 316 students from its architecture programs. Tuition at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was $13,096 per year.
Architecture schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $22,930 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $36,150 per year, or as little as $10,468 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois architecture schools had the highest tuition rates:
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $36,150 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The following Illinois architecture schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - located in Champaign, students are charged $13,096 per year
An architecture degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from architecture school in Illinois go on to work as an architect. 4,440 architects were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois architects are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 3,860 architects
- Lake County - 160 architects
- Marshall County - 80 architects
The government projects that the number of architects in Illinois will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,920 architects working in Illinois.
On average, architects earn $76,270 per year. In 2010, however, some Illinois architects earned as little as less than $36,650 per year or as much as more than $153,040 per year. On average an architect earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $83,230 per year
- Adams County - $81,370 per year
- Cook County - $76,490 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for architects are:
- Marshall County - $69,730 per year
- Edwards County - $70,960 per year
- Menard County - $74,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in architecture. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Architecture in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in Illinois
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||4,440||$76,270||-3.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,550||$48,910||-17.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in Illinois