There are schools offering beauty programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Illinois
Capri Oak Forest Beauty College, which is located in Oak Forest, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 74 students graduated from Capri Oak Forest Beauty College's beauty program.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a beauty program is Concept College of Cosmetology, which is located in Danville. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Concept College of Cosmetology beauty program.
Vees School of Beauty Culture, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a beauty program. It is located in East Saint Louis. 7 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Vees School of Beauty Culture in 2010. Tuition at Vees School of Beauty Culture was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois beauty school, average tuition will be $865 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,472 per year to $21,000 per year. The Illinois beauty schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lincoln College - located in Lincoln, students are charged $21,000 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Quincy, students are charged $10,991 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The beauty schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Highland Community College - located in Freeport, students are charged $2,472 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
A beauty certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
Barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, salon manager, and makeup artist are the professions of choice for a majority of beauty graduates in Illinois. In 2010, there were 23,750 beauty professional working in Illinois, including 15,820 hairdressers, 40 barbers, and 1,700 estheticians. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of beauty professional are:
- Cook County - 16,530 beauty professionals
- Lake County - 2,120 beauty professionals
- Menard County - 490 beauty professionals
The government projects that the number of beauty professionals in Illinois will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 35,800 beauty professionals working in Illinois. The greatest growth for beauty professional is predicted to be amongst Estheticians, who are expected to increase by 31% by 2018.
beauty professionals in Illinois make an average of $38,137 per year. However, Illinois beauty professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,090 per year to more than $88,170 per year in 2010. On average beauty professional earn the most in the following Illinois counties:
- McLean County - $37,920 per year
- Cook County - $37,115 per year
- Lake County - $33,150 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for beauty professional:
- Macon County - $25,220 per year
- Bureau County - $25,700 per year
- Boone County - $26,757 per year
On average, the highest paid beauty professionals in Illinois were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $48,770 per year
- Barber - $47,100 per year
- Salon Manager - $38,970 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in Illinois were:
- Makeup Artist - $31,520 per year
- Hairdresser - $28,570 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Illinois
- Certificate in Beauty in Illinois
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance||n/a||$31,520|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||15,820||$28,570||-2.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||3,920||$38,970||-12.5%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,270||$48,770||-28.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Illinois