There are schools offering business management courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Illinois receive business management degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 479 business administrators graduate from Illinois' 25 business management schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a business management program is Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. 15 students graduated with a degree in business management from Northwestern University in 2010. Students at Northwestern University paid $40,223 per year in tuition fees.
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 40 students graduated from Loyola University Chicago business management program. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
Saint Xavier University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a business management program. It is located in Chicago. 11 students graduated with degree in business management from Saint Xavier University in 2010. Tuition at Saint Xavier University was $25,520 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' business management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,735 per year, though tuition can range from $40,223 per year to $2,194 per year. In 2010, the business management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The following Illinois business management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- McHenry County College - located in Crystal Lake, students are charged $2,744 per year
- Oakton Community College - located in Des Plaines, students are charged $2,750 per year
A business management degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business management school in Illinois go on to work as a business administrator. 14,090 business administrators were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of business administrators work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 8,920 business administrators
- Menard County - 910 business administrators
- Lake County - 870 business administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 15,840 business administrators will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of business administrators to grow by 10%.
A business administrator in Illinois earns $66,520 per year on average. But, salaries for business administrators can vary. In 2010, business administrators made as little as less than $17,990 per year or as much as more than $128,140 per year in Illinois. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for business administrators:
- McLean County - $75,660 per year
- Lake County - $69,590 per year
- Cook County - $69,350 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for business administrators are:
- Bureau County - $48,380 per year
- Adams County - $50,620 per year
- Macon County - $51,880 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in business management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or construction management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Management in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Business Management in Illinois
- Certificate in Business Management in Illinois
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||43,790||$95,690||40.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||14,090||$66,520||14.2%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||3,010||$74,050||12.7%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||480||$89,260||-11.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in Illinois