There are schools offering communications degreess in Illinois!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.7% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in communications. That means an estimated 2,680 communications professionals graduate from Illinois' 49 communications schools each year.
Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a communications program. It is located in Evanston. In 2010, Northwestern University graduated 279 students from its communications program. Northwestern University charged in-state students $40,223 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a communications program is Wheaton College. Wheaton College, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Wheaton. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Wheaton College communications program. Wheaton College charged in-state students $27,580 in tuition fees per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a communications program. It is located in Chicago. 78 students graduated with degree in communications from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. The tuition rate at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
Communications schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $19,024 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,223 per year, or as little as $2,348 per year. In 2010, the communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Lake Forest College - located in Lake Forest, students are charged $35,525 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Communications in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Illinois
- Certificate in Communications in Illinois
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||7,280||$66,030||22.4%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||2,830||$32,130||3.3%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||2,190||$46,590||-18.3%|
|Writers and Authors||1,700||$61,090|
|Radio and Television Announcers||1,140||$37,520||-3.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Illinois