There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in crime scene investigation. That means an estimated 66 crime scene investigators graduate from Illinois' 8 crime scene investigation schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a crime scene investigation program is Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in crime scene investigation from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Students at Loyola University Chicago paid $32,114 per year in tuition fees.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 10 students graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago crime scene investigation program. Students at University of Illinois at Chicago paid $12,053 per year in tuition fees.
Lewis University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a crime scene investigation program. It is located in Romeoville. In 2010, Lewis University graduated 15 students from its crime scene investigation programs. Students at Lewis University paid $23,780 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' crime scene investigation schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,824 per year, though tuition can range from $32,114 per year to $2,434 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois crime scene investigation schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
The crime scene investigation schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Illinois Valley Community College - located in Oglesby, students are charged $2,434 per year
- Shawnee Community College - located in Ullin, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Illinois Central College - located in Peoria, students are charged $2,790 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois crime scene investigation graduates become crime scene investigators. Illinois had 2,970 crime scene investigators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois crime scene investigators:
- Cook County - 1,940 crime scene investigators
- Lake County - 200 crime scene investigators
- Menard County - 190 crime scene investigators
The government projects that the number of crime scene investigators in Illinois will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,280 crime scene investigators working in Illinois.
A crime scene investigator in Illinois earns $83,270 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. crime scene investigators in Illinois had varying salaries from $30,800 to $132,180 per year in 2010. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a crime scene investigator are:
- Cook County - $90,120 per year
- Marshall County - $80,530 per year
- Champaign County - $76,210 per year
A crime scene investigator in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clark County - $60,020 per year
- Adams County - $60,110 per year
- Bureau County - $64,760 per year
For more data regarding a career in crime scene investigation in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in Illinois
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in Illinois
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||2,970||$83,270||-18.6%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||580||$72,990||-52.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in Illinois