There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Illinois
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Carbondale. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Southern Illinois University Carbondale's dental hygienist program. Tuition at Southern Illinois University Carbondale was $10,468 per year.
Lewis University, which is located in Romeoville, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Lewis University in 2010. The tuition rate at Lewis University was $23,780 per year.
Illinois Central College, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Peoria. 13 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Illinois Central College in 2010. Students at Illinois Central College paid $2,790 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Illinois dental hygienist school, average tuition will be $5,001 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,348 per year to $23,780 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The dental hygienist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. In 2010, there were 8,210 dental hygienists working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 5,040 dental hygienists
- Lake County - 550 dental hygienists
- Boone County - 340 dental hygienists
The government projects that the number of dental hygienists in Illinois will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,540 dental hygienists working in Illinois.
A dental hygienist in Illinois earns $61,110 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Illinois dental hygienists earned as little as less than $33,390 per year or as much as more than $95,470 per year. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Bureau County - $69,760 per year
- Lake County - $68,430 per year
- Boone County - $66,220 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Marshall County - $47,720 per year
- Edwards County - $50,130 per year
- Adams County - $54,120 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Illinois
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Illinois