There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 487 electrical engineers graduate from Illinois' 32 electrical engineering schools.
Bradley University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Peoria. no students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Bradley University in 2010. Tuition at Bradley University was $25,424 per year.
Taylor Business Institute, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Taylor Business Institute electrical engineering program. Taylor Business Institute charged in-state students $13,500 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a electrical engineering program is ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect, which is located in Mount Prospect. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 27 students graduated with degree in electrical engineering from ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect in 2010. ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois electrical engineering school, average tuition will be $6,977 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,348 per year to $25,424 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois electrical engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bradley University - located in Peoria, students are charged $25,424 per year
- Roosevelt University - located in Chicago, students are charged $23,300 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect - located in Mount Prospect, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois electrical engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois electrical engineering graduates become electrical engineers. 4,590 electrical engineers were working in Illinois in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of electrical engineers are:
- Cook County - 3,170 electrical engineers
- Lake County - 280 electrical engineers
- Marshall County - 230 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to shrink by 0% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,070 electrical engineers working in the Illinois then.
An electrical engineer in Illinois makes an average of $86,110 per year. However, this number is only an average. electrical engineers in Illinois had varying salaries from $40,060 to $152,450 per year in 2010. An electrical engineer in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Marshall County - $92,940 per year
- Adams County - $88,910 per year
- Cook County - $88,190 per year
An electrical engineer in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Edwards County - $71,360 per year
- Lake County - $71,430 per year
- Boone County - $71,630 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Illinois
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Illinois
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||4,920||$54,390||16.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Illinois