There are schools offering ESL classes in Illinois!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Illinois
Wheaton College, which is located in Wheaton, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Wheaton College graduated 30 students from its ESL program. Tuition at Wheaton College was $27,580 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a ESL program is Saint Xavier University. Saint Xavier University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. Students at Saint Xavier University paid $25,520 per year in tuition fees.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which is located in Champaign, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 51st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ESL program. The tuition rate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was $13,096 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' ESL schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,339 per year, though tuition can range from $27,580 per year to $2,968 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois ESL schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Wheaton College - located in Wheaton, students are charged $27,580 per year
- Saint Xavier University - located in Chicago, students are charged $25,520 per year
- Lincoln Christian University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $13,680 per year
The following Illinois ESL schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- College of Lake County - located in Grayslake, students are charged $2,968 per year
- Parkland College - located in Champaign, students are charged $3,060 per year
- Northeastern Illinois University - located in Chicago, students are charged $7,492 per year
An ESL degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of ESL graduates in Illinois pursue careers as an english language teacher. 2,620 english language teachers were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of english language teachers work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,720 english language teachers
- McLean County - 100 english language teachers
- Adams County - 60 english language teachers
An english language teacher in Illinois makes an average of $60,140 per year. In 2010, however, some Illinois english language teachers earned as little as less than $17,340 per year or as much as more than $112,820 per year. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for an english language teacher are:
- Marshall County - $111,910 per year
- Lake County - $75,960 per year
- Cook County - $54,680 per year
An english language teacher in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bureau County - $32,330 per year
- Adams County - $35,950 per year
- McLean County - $53,600 per year
For more data regarding a career in ESL in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Esl in Illinois
- Certificate in Esl in Illinois
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||5,470||$46,380||25.7%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||2,620||$60,140||-14.1%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,390||$45,690||-47.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Illinois