There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Illinois
University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a graphic design program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 51 students from its graphic design program. Students at University of Illinois at Chicago paid $12,053 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a graphic design program is Dominican University, which is located in River Forest. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. Students at Dominican University paid $25,710 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a graphic design program is North Central College, which is located in Naperville. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. 3 students graduated with degree in graphic design from North Central College in 2010. The tuition rate at North Central College was $28,224 per year.
Tuition at Illinois' graphic design schools ranges from $28,858 per year to $2,194 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,489 per year. In 2010, the graphic design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
A graphic design degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Illinois go on to work as a graphic designer. In 2010, there were 9,870 graphic designers working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 7,800 graphic designers
- Lake County - 450 graphic designers
- Boone County - 210 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,140 graphic designers working in the Illinois then.
A graphic designer in Illinois earns $51,220 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Illinois had varying salaries from $18,920 to $83,970 per year in 2010. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Cook County - $53,900 per year
- Lake County - $49,440 per year
- Clark County - $44,590 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Macon County - $31,080 per year
- Edwards County - $34,530 per year
- Adams County - $35,260 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Illinois
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Illinois
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Illinois