There are schools offering international business degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Illinois receive international business degrees every year. That means an estimated 258 international business professionals graduate from Illinois' 23 international business schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a international business program is Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. In 2010, Northwestern University graduated 42 students from its international business program. Northwestern University charged in-state students $40,223 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a international business program is Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 37 students graduated with degree in international business from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. The tuition rate at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
Dominican University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a international business program. It is located in River Forest. In 2010, Dominican University graduated 13 students from its international business programs. Tuition at Dominican University was $25,710 per year.
International business schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $23,316 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,041 per year, or as little as $2,814 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois international business schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Illinois Wesleyan University - located in Bloomington, students are charged $35,256 per year
The international business schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- Parkland College - located in Champaign, students are charged $3,060 per year
- University of Illinois at Springfield - located in Springfield, students are charged $8,101 per year
An international business degree from an Illinois school... what next?
international business graduates in Illinois can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. Illinois had 132,120 international business professionals in 2010. 28,960 of these international business professionals were business analysts, 18,720 were chief executive officers, and 67,340 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois international business professionals:
- Cook County - 86,460 international business professionals
- Lake County - 8,000 international business professionals
- Menard County - 4,440 international business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of international business professionals is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 133,120 international business professionals working in Illinois then. Of these 133,120 international business professionals, the government predicts that 36,080 will be business analysts, 19,000 will be chief executive officers, and 57,820 will be operations managers.
On average, international business professionals earn $84,710 per year. However, this number is only an average. International business professional in Illinois had varying salaries from $17,440 to $162,390 per year in 2010. International business professionals in the following Illinois counties make the highest salaries on average:
- McLean County - $94,608 per year
- Lake County - $94,365 per year
- Cook County - $89,574 per year
International business professionals in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $62,546 per year
- Edwards County - $69,874 per year
- Bureau County - $71,130 per year
The international business professionals with highest average salaries in Illinois were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $154,790 per year
- Operations Manager - $112,950 per year
- Business Analyst - $86,650 per year
The international business professionals with lowest average salaries in Illinois were:
- Purchasing Agent - $60,470 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $55,080 per year
For more data regarding a career in international business in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Illinois
- Master's Degree in International Business in Illinois
- Certificate in International Business in Illinois
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||67,340||$112,950||6.3%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||10,420||$60,470||-11.9%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||3,480||$55,080||-58.3%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,720||$61,330||-35.8%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||480||$61,700||-40.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Illinois