There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in Illinois
Around 0.0% of Illinois's graduates graduate from ultrasound technology certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 133 ultrasound technicians graduate from Illinois' 14 ultrasound technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a ultrasound technician program is Lewis University, which is located in Romeoville. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. no students graduated with a certificate in ultrasound technician from Lewis University in 2010. Students at Lewis University paid $23,780 per year in tuition fees.
Benedictine University, which is located in Lisle, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Benedictine University ultrasound technician program. Benedictine University charged in-state students $23,240 in tuition fees per year.
Kaskaskia College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a ultrasound technician program. It is located in Centralia. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Kaskaskia College ultrasound technician program. Students at Kaskaskia College paid $2,816 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Illinois ultrasound technician school, average tuition will be $6,881 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,520 per year to $23,780 per year. In 2010, the ultrasound technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- Benedictine University - located in Lisle, students are charged $23,240 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The ultrasound technician schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- Kaskaskia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $2,816 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of ultrasound technician graduates in Illinois pursue careers as an ultrasound technician. 2,090 ultrasound technicians were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of ultrasound technicians work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,210 ultrasound technicians
- Marshall County - 160 ultrasound technicians
- Lake County - 130 ultrasound technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,120 ultrasound technicians will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of ultrasound technicians to grow by 11%.
On average, ultrasound technicians earn $70,170 per year. However, Illinois ultrasound technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $41,570 per year to more than $105,650 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Boone County - $75,390 per year
- Cook County - $74,610 per year
- Lake County - $74,150 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for ultrasound technicians:
- Edwards County - $54,510 per year
- Adams County - $55,690 per year
- McLean County - $59,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in ultrasound technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Illinois
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in Illinois
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,090||$70,170||25.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in Illinois