There are schools offering veterinary assistant programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Veterinary Assisting Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in veterinary assisting. That means an estimated 211 veterinary assistants graduate from Illinois' 7 veterinary assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a veterinary assistant program is Fox College Inc. Fox College Inc, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 104 students graduated with a degree in veterinary assistant from Fox College Inc in 2010. Tuition at Fox College Inc was $14,680 per year.
Rend Lake College, which is located in Ina, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Rend Lake College veterinary assistant program. Tuition at Rend Lake College was $2,550 per year.
Rockford Career College, which is located in Rockford, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with degree in veterinary assistant from Rockford Career College in 2010. Rockford Career College charged in-state students $8,480 in tuition fees per year.
Veterinary assistant schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $5,314 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $14,680 per year, or as little as $2,520 per year. The Illinois veterinary assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Fox College Inc - located in Chicago, students are charged $14,680 per year
- Rockford Career College - located in Rockford, students are charged $8,480 per year
- Joliet Junior College - located in Joliet, students are charged $3,090 per year
The veterinary assistant schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Kaskaskia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $2,816 per year
A veterinary assistant degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois veterinary assistant graduates become veterinary assistants. 2,530 veterinary assistants were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois veterinary assistants are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,210 veterinary assistants
- Lake County - 310 veterinary assistants
- Adams County - 170 veterinary assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,520 veterinary assistants will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of veterinary assistants to grow by 18%.
A veterinary assistant in Illinois makes an average of $24,500 per year. However, Illinois veterinary assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,610 per year to more than $39,720 per year in 2010. On average a veterinary assistant earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Menard County - $31,410 per year
- Cook County - $25,360 per year
- Boone County - $25,030 per year
A veterinary assistant in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marshall County - $20,140 per year
- Macon County - $21,570 per year
- Edwards County - $22,380 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in veterinary assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Illinois
Curious what studying Veterinary Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||2,530||$24,500||-10.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary assistant related jobs in Illinois