There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in veterinary technology. Thus, Illinois' 7 veterinary technician schools put out approximately 211 veterinary technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a veterinary technician program is Fox College Inc. Fox College Inc, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, 104 students graduated from Fox College Inc's veterinary technician program. Fox College Inc charged in-state students $14,680 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a veterinary technician program is Rend Lake College. Rend Lake College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Ina. 4 students graduated with degree in veterinary technician from Rend Lake College in 2010. The tuition rate at Rend Lake College was $2,550 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a veterinary technician program is Rockford Career College, which is located in Rockford. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. In 2010, 32 students graduated from Rockford Career College veterinary technician program. Tuition at Rockford Career College was $8,480 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois veterinary technician school, average tuition will be $5,314 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,520 per year to $14,680 per year. In 2010, the veterinary technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Fox College Inc - located in Chicago, students are charged $14,680 per year
- Rockford Career College - located in Rockford, students are charged $8,480 per year
- Joliet Junior College - located in Joliet, students are charged $3,090 per year
The veterinary technician schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Kaskaskia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $2,816 per year
A veterinary technician degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary technician school in Illinois go on to work as a veterinary technician. 2,640 veterinary technicians were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois veterinary technicians are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,760 veterinary technicians
- Lake County - 210 veterinary technicians
- Champaign County - 130 veterinary technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,510 veterinary technicians will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of veterinary technicians to grow by 29%.
A veterinary technician in Illinois earns $30,620 per year on average. But, salaries for veterinary technicians can vary. In 2010, veterinary technicians made as little as less than $16,640 per year or as much as more than $50,970 per year in Illinois. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a veterinary technician are:
- Champaign County - $39,470 per year
- McLean County - $34,590 per year
- Adams County - $34,050 per year
On average, veterinary technicians earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Bureau County - $24,140 per year
- Boone County - $25,430 per year
- Marshall County - $26,720 per year
For more data regarding a career in veterinary technology in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Illinois
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||2,640||$30,620||34.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in Illinois