There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Indiana
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a civil engineering program is Purdue University-Main Campus. Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in West Lafayette. 226 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a civil engineering program is Valparaiso University, which is located in Valparaiso. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Valparaiso University civil engineering program. Tuition at Valparaiso University was $29,582 per year.
University of Evansville, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Evansville. In 2010, University of Evansville graduated 12 students from its civil engineering programs. Students at University of Evansville paid $28,076 per year in tuition fees.
Civil engineering schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $19,454 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,919 per year, or as little as $4,588 per year. The Indiana civil engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $38,470 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
The civil engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Purdue University-Calumet Campus - located in Hammond, students are charged $6,181 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $6,545 per year
A civil engineering degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana civil engineering graduates become civil engineers. Indiana had 3,060 civil engineers in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana civil engineers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,330 civil engineers
- Crawford County - 370 civil engineers
- Jasper County - 340 civil engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,960 civil engineers will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of civil engineers to grow by 22%.
On average, a civil engineer earns a salary of $71,720 per year in Indiana state. But, salaries for civil engineers can vary. In 2010, civil engineers made as little as less than $30,800 per year or as much as more than $118,730 per year in Indiana. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Jasper County - $78,980 per year
- Gibson County - $76,480 per year
- Benton County - $74,070 per year
A civil engineer in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $57,480 per year
- Greene County - $59,560 per year
- LaPorte County - $60,650 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Indiana
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,062 miles from location||Purdue University-Main Campus||West Lafayette||IN||78.6553||31%||41,052|
|6,091 miles from location||Vincennes University||Vincennes||IN||19.2683||n/a||13,947|
|5,970 miles from location||Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne||Fort Wayne||IN||52.7745||64%||13,675|
|6,031 miles from location||University of Notre Dame||Notre Dame||IN||46.2657||50%||11,816|
|6,096 miles from location||Purdue University-Calumet Campus||Hammond||IN||52.281||60%||10,133|
|6,064 miles from location||Purdue University-North Central Campus||Westville||IN||46.9874||56%||4,463|
|6,071 miles from location||Valparaiso University||Valparaiso||IN||69.1785||25%||4,065|
|6,090 miles from location||University of Evansville||Evansville||IN||64.7758||27%||2,840|
|6,082 miles from location||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology||Terre Haute||IN||33.6785||19%||1,963|
|5,967 miles from location||Trine University||Angola||IN||23.9925||26%||1,616|
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineers +||3,060||$71,720||5.9%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters +||1,620||$46,270||-9.0%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians +||860||$43,870||-21.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Indiana