There are schools offering creative writing courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Creative Writing Programs in Indiana
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Indiana receive creative writing degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 67 creative writers graduate from Indiana's 11 creative writing schools.
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a creative writing program. It is located in Bloomington. In 2010, Indiana University-Bloomington graduated 11 students from its creative writing program. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a creative writing program is Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in creative writing from Butler University in 2010. Tuition at Butler University was $30,558 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a creative writing program is Saint Mary's College. Saint Mary's College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Notre Dame. 8 students graduated with degree in creative writing from Saint Mary's College in 2010. Tuition at Saint Mary's College was $31,020 per year.
Tuition at Indiana's creative writing schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $9,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $25,977 per year. The Indiana creative writing schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
The following Indiana creative writing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indiana University-Bloomington - located in Bloomington, students are charged $9,028 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
- Bethel College - located in Mishawaka, students are charged $22,590 per year
A creative writing degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of creative writing graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a creative writer. 690 creative writers were working in Indiana in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana creative writers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 330 creative writers
- Jasper County - 60 creative writers
- Allen County - 50 creative writers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of creative writers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,380 creative writers working in the Indiana then.
A creative writer in Indiana makes an average of $40,560 per year. But, salaries for creative writers can vary. In 2010, creative writers made as little as less than $15,880 per year or as much as more than $85,470 per year in Indiana. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for creative writers:
- Greene County - $48,270 per year
- Allen County - $46,210 per year
- Boone County - $42,100 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for creative writers are:
- Jasper County - $25,900 per year
- St. Joseph County - $36,550 per year
- Boone County - $42,100 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in creative writing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as communications or creative writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Creative Writing in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Creative Writing in Indiana
Curious what studying Creative Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Writers and Authors||690||$40,560||109.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are creative writing related jobs in Indiana