There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Indiana
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Indiana students graduate with certificates in dental assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 488 dental assistants graduate from Indiana's 16 dental assistant schools.
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Indianapolis. no students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
University of Southern Indiana, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Evansville. In 2010, 11 students graduated from University of Southern Indiana dental assistant program. Tuition at University of Southern Indiana was $5,740 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a dental assistant program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne, which is located in Fort Wayne. In 2010, it was ranked 47th nationwide. 0 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne in 2010. Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne charged in-state students $6,545 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,218 per year, though tuition can range from $13,370 per year to $3,257 per year. The Indiana dental assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $6,545 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Indiana go on to work as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 5,830 dental assistants working in Indiana. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana dental assistants:
- Boone County - 1,870 dental assistants
- Jasper County - 720 dental assistants
- Allen County - 450 dental assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental assistants in the state of Indiana will grow to 7,950. This would require a 36% growth in the profession.
A dental assistant in Indiana makes an average of $34,310 per year. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $16,120 per year or as much as more than $55,190 per year in Indiana. On average a dental assistant earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- St. Joseph County - $37,660 per year
- Madison County - $37,070 per year
- Boone County - $36,680 per year
A dental assistant in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Clay County - $27,260 per year
- Delaware County - $27,900 per year
- Greene County - $28,910 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Indiana
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Indiana
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||940||$34,530||-6.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Indiana