There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Indiana
Around 0.1% of Indiana's graduates graduate from dental hygiene degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 179 dental hygienists graduate from Indiana's 7 dental hygienist schools.
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 49 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
University of Southern Indiana, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Evansville. In 2010, University of Southern Indiana graduated 30 students from its dental hygienist program. Students at University of Southern Indiana paid $5,740 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a dental hygienist program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne. Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Wayne. In 2010, 29 students graduated from Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne dental hygienist program. Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne charged in-state students $6,545 in tuition fees per year.
Dental hygienist schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $5,785 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $7,885 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $6,545 per year
- Indiana University-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $6,290 per year
The dental hygienist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral - located in South Bend, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,660 Indiana dental hygienists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana dental hygienists:
- Boone County - 900 dental hygienists
- Allen County - 380 dental hygienists
- Jasper County - 370 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 36% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,450 dental hygienists working in the Indiana then.
A dental hygienist in Indiana earns $62,750 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Indiana dental hygienists earned as little as less than $24,990 per year or as much as more than $89,100 per year. A dental hygienist in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $72,100 per year
- Jasper County - $69,590 per year
- Delaware County - $67,810 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for dental hygienists are:
- Bartholomew County - $45,430 per year
- Blackford County - $53,970 per year
- Allen County - $54,120 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Indiana
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Indiana