There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 212 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's elementary education program. Indiana University-Bloomington charged in-state students $9,028 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a elementary education program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 163 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Purdue University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,070 in tuition fees per year.
DePauw University, which is located in Greencastle, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. Tuition at DePauw University was $34,905 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana elementary education school, average tuition will be $17,422 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $34,905 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-East - located in Richmond, students are charged $6,069 per year
An elementary education degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana elementary education graduates become elementary educators. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 28,030 Indiana elementary educators as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana elementary educators:
- Boone County - 7,370 elementary educators
- Jasper County - 3,220 elementary educators
- Blackford County - 2,710 elementary educators
An elementary educator in Indiana makes an average of $48,550 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $17,440 per year or as much as more than $80,680 per year in Indiana. An elementary educator in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Greene County - $51,580 per year
- Jasper County - $51,380 per year
- Benton County - $50,530 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Blackford County - $41,170 per year
- Howard County - $46,120 per year
- Clay County - $46,520 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Indiana
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,030||$48,550||0.3%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,200||$80,460||10.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,600||$48,190||18.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,680||$47,070||13.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Indiana