There are schools offering finance degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Finance Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a finance program is Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 24 students graduated with a degree in finance from Butler University in 2010. Students at Butler University paid $30,558 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a finance program is Taylor University. Taylor University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Upland. In 2010, Taylor University graduated 16 students from its finance program. Taylor University charged in-state students $26,383 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a finance program is Valparaiso University, which is located in Valparaiso. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Valparaiso University finance program. Students at Valparaiso University paid $29,582 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana finance school, average tuition will be $18,068 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $39,919 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana finance schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
The finance schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
A finance degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Auditor, financial quantitative analyst, financial examiner, credit analyst, and sales agent are the professions of choice for a majority of finance graduates in Indiana. Indiana had 39,460 finance professionals in 2010. 520 of these finance professionals were budget analysts, 17,970 were auditors, and 2,410 were financial quantitative analysts. The largest populations of Indiana finance professional are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 18,100 finance professionals
- Allen County - 2,730 finance professionals
- Jasper County - 2,560 finance professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 48,680 finance professionals will be working in Indiana. This would require the number of finance professional to grow by 13%.
finance professionals in Indiana earn $69,123 per year on average. But, salaries for finance professional can vary. In 2010, finance professional made as little as less than $23,320 per year or as much as more than $165,890 per year in Indiana. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for finance professionals:
- Bartholomew County - $88,300 per year
- Howard County - $83,527 per year
- Madison County - $82,813 per year
Finance professionals in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Blackford County - $57,262 per year
- Crawford County - $59,253 per year
- St. Joseph County - $62,630 per year
The finance professionals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Branch Financial Manager - $102,610 per year
- Economist - $87,150 per year
- Sales Agent - $82,790 per year
The finance professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Credit Analyst - $57,270 per year
- Loan Counselor - $40,440 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in finance and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Finance in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Finance in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Finance in Indiana
Curious what studying Finance gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||17,970||$64,960||-5.3%|
|Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents||4,860||$82,790|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||2,410||$59,990||28.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are finance related jobs in Indiana