There are schools offering hospitality degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Hospitality Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in hospitality. In other words, every year an estimated 204 hospitality professionals graduate from Indiana's 14 hospitality schools.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a hospitality program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus' hospitality program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a hospitality program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 80 students graduated with degree in hospitality from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis paid $7,885 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a hospitality program is University of Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. The tuition rate at University of Indianapolis was $22,220 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana hospitality school, average tuition will be $7,085 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $22,220 per year. The Indiana hospitality schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
- International Business College - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $13,080 per year
The following Indiana hospitality schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral - located in South Bend, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
A hospitality degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs hospitality graduates in Indiana pursue include restaurant manager, sous chef, dietary cook, line cook, and delicatessen cook. 49,520 hospitality professionals were working in Indiana in 2010. Of these, 470 were hotel managers. In addition, 3,860 were restaurant managers, and 910 were sous chefs. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of hospitality professional are:
- Boone County - 12,780 hospitality professionals
- Jasper County - 4,670 hospitality professionals
- Adams County - 3,800 hospitality professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of hospitality professionals in the state of Indiana will grow to 55,980. This would require a 2% growth in the field.
On average, hospitality professionals earn $31,147 per year. However, Indiana hospitality professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,320 per year to more than $112,060 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for hospitality professionals:
- Boone County - $33,296 per year
- Clay County - $33,272 per year
- Jasper County - $30,707 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for hospitality professionals are:
- Madison County - $18,175 per year
- Greene County - $20,253 per year
- Delaware County - $23,240 per year
On average, the highest paid hospitality professionals in Indiana were:
- Restaurant Manager - $51,160 per year
- Hotel Manager - $47,060 per year
- Sous Chef - $41,210 per year
On average, the lowest paid hospitality professionals in Indiana were:
- Delicatessen Cook - $18,330 per year
- Pizza Maker - $17,840 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in hospitality and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or culinary.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hospitality in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality in Indiana
- Certificate in Hospitality in Indiana
Curious what studying Hospitality gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria||11,250||$21,980||6.7%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||10,470||$17,840||-29.9%|
|Food Service Managers||3,860||$51,160||-19.2%|
|Cooks, Short Order||2,430||$18,330||-57.7%|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||910||$41,210||-52.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are hospitality related jobs in Indiana