There are schools offering management courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Indiana
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a management program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 480 students graduated with a degree in management from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a management program is Butler University. Butler University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, Butler University graduated 22 students from its management program. Tuition at Butler University was $30,558 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a management program is Taylor University. Taylor University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Upland. 7 students graduated with degree in management from Taylor University in 2010. Taylor University charged in-state students $26,383 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana management school, average tuition will be $15,632 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $30,558 per year. In 2010, the management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
The following Indiana management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southwest - located in Evansville, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
A management degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a manager. If you decide to work as a manager in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 22,480 Indiana managers as of 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 8,460 managers
- Allen County - 1,790 managers
- Jasper County - 1,720 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 23,660 managers will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -2%.
A manager in Indiana makes an average of $111,030 per year. However, Indiana managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $41,830 per year to more than $153,800 per year in 2010. A manager in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Elkhart County - $121,140 per year
- Bartholomew County - $120,840 per year
- Boone County - $117,540 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Clay County - $92,910 per year
- Crawford County - $95,300 per year
- Madison County - $98,280 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Management in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Indiana
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||26,220||$39,470||11.8%|
|General and Operations Managers||22,480||$111,030||-24.0%|
|Managers, All Other||7,780||$65,020||1.3%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||7,110||$78,790||14.5%|
|Industrial Production Managers||6,070||$88,410||9.2%|
|Food Service Managers||3,860||$51,160||-19.2%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||2,100||$52,130||-20.2%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||900||$76,720||23.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Indiana