There are schools offering medical coding classess in Indiana!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a medical coding program is MedTech College, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, MedTech College graduated 77 students from its medical coding program. MedTech College charged in-state students $14,434 in tuition fees per year.
Harrison College-Indianapolis East, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a medical coding program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Harrison College-Indianapolis East medical coding program. Tuition at Harrison College-Indianapolis East was $12,135 per year.
Harrison College-Anderson, which is located in Anderson, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. Harrison College-Anderson charged in-state students $12,135 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's medical coding schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,014 per year, though tuition can range from $14,434 per year to $4,588 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana medical coding schools had the highest tuition rates:
- MedTech College-Greenwood Campus - located in Greenwood, students are charged $14,434 per year
- MedTech College - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $14,434 per year
- MedTech College-Ft. Wayne Campus - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $14,434 per year
The medical coding schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Michigan City - located in Michigan City, students are charged $9,227 per year
- Harrison College-Indianapolis East - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
A medical coding certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a medical coder. In 2010, there were 4,280 medical coders working in Indiana. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana medical coders:
- Boone County - 1,210 medical coders
- Jasper County - 500 medical coders
- Gibson County - 310 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,880 medical coders working in the Indiana then.
On average, medical coders earn $31,630 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana medical coders earned as little as less than $16,790 per year or as much as more than $66,710 per year. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for medical coders:
- Madison County - $40,640 per year
- Crawford County - $33,380 per year
- Boone County - $33,110 per year
A medical coder in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- St. Joseph County - $28,190 per year
- Gibson County - $28,500 per year
- Greene County - $29,340 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical coding in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Indiana
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Indiana
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,280||$31,630||-2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Indiana