There are schools offering paralegal programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Indiana
Ball State University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a paralegal program. It is located in Muncie. no students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Ball State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a paralegal program is University of Evansville, which is located in Evansville. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from University of Evansville paralegal program. The tuition rate at University of Evansville was $28,076 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a paralegal program is Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Mary Of The Woods. 4 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in 2010. Tuition at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College was $24,500 per year.
Paralegal schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $8,993 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $28,076 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College - located in Saint Mary Of The Woods, students are charged $24,500 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast - located in Madison, students are charged $3,257 per year
A paralegal degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in Indiana go on to work as a paralegal. In 2010, there were 3,580 paralegals working in Indiana. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana paralegals:
- Boone County - 1,690 paralegals
- Jasper County - 380 paralegals
- Allen County - 290 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Indiana will grow to 4,590. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $40,300 per year in Indiana state. In 2010, however, some Indiana paralegals earned as little as less than $22,010 per year or as much as more than $71,520 per year. A paralegal in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $47,280 per year
- Boone County - $45,720 per year
- Clay County - $39,550 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Elkhart County - $28,400 per year
- Blackford County - $30,120 per year
- Adams County - $31,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Indiana
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,580||$40,300||28.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Indiana