There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a radiology technician program is Ball State University. Ball State University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Muncie. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Ball State University's radiology technician program. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis charged in-state students $7,885 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a radiology technician program is University of Southern Indiana, which is located in Evansville. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. In 2010, 54 students graduated from University of Southern Indiana radiology technician program. Students at University of Southern Indiana paid $5,740 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana radiology technician school, average tuition will be $6,027 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,515 per year to $22,810 per year. The Indiana radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,810 per year
- Ball State University - located in Muncie, students are charged $8,214 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Good Samaritan Hospital School of Radiologic Technology - located in Vincennes, students are charged $2,515 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
A radiology technician degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a radiology technician. Indiana had 5,020 radiology technicians in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of radiology technicians are:
- Boone County - 1,490 radiology technicians
- Jasper County - 590 radiology technicians
- Allen County - 400 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,990 radiology technicians will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 15%.
A radiology technician in Indiana makes an average of $50,190 per year. A radiology technician in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $53,190 per year
- Howard County - $53,160 per year
- Jasper County - $52,310 per year
A radiology technician in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Gibson County - $43,310 per year
- Clay County - $45,980 per year
- Crawford County - $46,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Indiana
- Certificate in Radiology in Indiana
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||5,140||$207,210||272.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Indiana