There are schools offering sports management degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Indiana
Taylor University, which is located in Upland, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Taylor University graduated 7 students from its sports management program. Tuition at Taylor University was $26,383 per year.
Valparaiso University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports management program. It is located in Valparaiso. 48 students graduated with degree in sports management from Valparaiso University in 2010. Students at Valparaiso University paid $29,582 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports management program is Indiana Wesleyan University. Indiana Wesleyan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Marion. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University sports management program. Indiana Wesleyan University charged in-state students $21,214 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Indiana's sports management schools ranges from $29,582 per year to $4,588 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,582 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana sports management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The following Indiana sports management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Purdue University-Calumet Campus - located in Hammond, students are charged $6,181 per year
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
A sports management degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana sports management graduates become sports managers. 7,780 sports managers were working in Indiana in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of sports managers are:
- Boone County - 4,400 sports managers
- Gibson County - 420 sports managers
- Jasper County - 400 sports managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 20,380 sports managers will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of sports managers to grow by 8%.
A sports manager in Indiana makes an average of $65,020 per year. However, Indiana sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,700 per year to more than $163,300 per year in 2010. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a sports manager are:
- Benton County - $91,730 per year
- Bartholomew County - $83,490 per year
- Greene County - $78,590 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for sports managers:
- Howard County - $47,070 per year
- Clay County - $48,870 per year
- LaPorte County - $52,910 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in sports management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sports Management in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Indiana
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||7,780||$65,020||1.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Indiana