There are schools offering veterinary assistant programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Veterinary Assisting Programs in Indiana
Around 0.1% of Indiana's graduates graduate from veterinary assisting degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 235 veterinary assistants graduate from Indiana's 6 veterinary assistant schools.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 57 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus' veterinary assistant program. Purdue University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,070 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a veterinary assistant program is International Business College-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. 47 students graduated with degree in veterinary assistant from International Business College-Indianapolis in 2010. The tuition rate at International Business College-Indianapolis was $13,370 per year.
International Business College, which is located in Fort Wayne, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary assistant program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, International Business College graduated 60 students from its veterinary assistant programs. Tuition at International Business College was $13,080 per year.
Veterinary assistant schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $10,979 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,370 per year, or as little as $8,992 per year. In 2010, the veterinary assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
- International Business College - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $13,080 per year
- Harrison College-Northwest - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
The veterinary assistant schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Brown Mackie College-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $8,992 per year
- Purdue University-Main Campus - located in West Lafayette, students are charged $9,070 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Michigan City - located in Michigan City, students are charged $9,227 per year
A veterinary assistant degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary assistant school in Indiana go on to work as a veterinary assistant. Indiana had 1,920 veterinary assistants in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana veterinary assistants:
- Boone County - 750 veterinary assistants
- Adams County - 120 veterinary assistants
- Crawford County - 110 veterinary assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinary assistants in the state of Indiana will grow to 2,130. This would require a 23% growth in the profession.
A veterinary assistant in Indiana makes an average of $23,610 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana veterinary assistants earned as little as less than $15,430 per year or as much as more than $37,030 per year. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a veterinary assistant are:
- Boone County - $26,010 per year
- Adams County - $24,610 per year
- Benton County - $24,490 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for veterinary assistants:
- Jasper County - $19,550 per year
- Gibson County - $20,900 per year
- Blackford County - $21,520 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in veterinary assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Assisting in Indiana
Curious what studying Veterinary Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||1,920||$23,610||14.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary assistant related jobs in Indiana