There are schools offering veterinary programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Veterinary Medicine Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary program. It is located in Bloomington. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's veterinary program. Indiana University-Bloomington charged in-state students $9,028 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a veterinary program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, 168 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus veterinary program. The tuition rate at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a veterinary program is Ball State University, which is located in Muncie. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, Ball State University graduated 16 students from its veterinary programs. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's veterinary schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,390 per year, though tuition can range from $13,370 per year to $8,214 per year. In 2010, the veterinary schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
- International Business College - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $13,080 per year
- Harrison College-Northwest - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
The following Indiana veterinary schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ball State University - located in Muncie, students are charged $8,214 per year
- Brown Mackie College-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $8,992 per year
- Indiana University-Bloomington - located in Bloomington, students are charged $9,028 per year
A veterinary degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary school in Indiana go on to work as a veterinarian. In 2010, there were 1,150 veterinarians working in Indiana. In Indiana, the largest numbers of veterinarians work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 380 veterinarians
- Blackford County - 100 veterinarians
- Jasper County - 90 veterinarians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,680 veterinarians will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of veterinarians to grow by 32%.
On average, a veterinarian earns a salary of $89,220 per year in Indiana state. However, this number is only an average. veterinarians in Indiana had varying salaries from $29,010 to $135,450 per year in 2010. A veterinarian in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Elkhart County - $108,170 per year
- St. Joseph County - $85,280 per year
- Adams County - $84,230 per year
On average, veterinarians earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Crawford County - $67,780 per year
- Greene County - $69,940 per year
- Blackford County - $71,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in veterinary medicine and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Veterinary Medicine in Indiana
Curious what studying Veterinary gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||2,830||$20,120||60.8%|
|Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers||1,920||$23,610||14.3%|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||1,030||$28,930||-14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary related jobs in Indiana