There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in visual communications. Thus, Indiana's 30 visual communications schools put out approximately 424 visual communications professionals each year.
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a visual communications program. It is located in Bloomington. 4 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a visual communications program is Purdue University-Main Campus. Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus visual communications program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a visual communications program is Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Butler University visual communications program. Butler University charged in-state students $30,558 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Indiana's visual communications schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,101 per year. The Indiana visual communications schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ivy Tech Community College-South Central - located in Sellersburg, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A visual communications degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in Indiana pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. Indiana had 3,970 visual communications professionals in 2010. 3,170 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 100 were video editors, and 610 were audio visual technicians. The largest populations of Indiana visual communications professional are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,720 visual communications professionals
- St. Joseph County - 250 visual communications professionals
- Allen County - 240 visual communications professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of visual communications professionals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,410 visual communications professionals working in Indiana then. Of these 6,410 visual communications professionals, the government predicts that 5,450 will be graphic designers, an unknown number will be video editors, and 660 will be audio visual technicians.
visual communications professionals in Indiana earn $43,738 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Indiana had varying salaries from $18,020 to $100,600 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for visual communications professionals:
- Boone County - $43,690 per year
- Benton County - $42,580 per year
- Elkhart County - $42,150 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- LaPorte County - $29,070 per year
- Clay County - $31,210 per year
- Blackford County - $31,940 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Indiana were:
- Artist - $65,520 per year
- Graphic Designer - $39,400 per year
- Video Editor - $35,610 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Video Editor - $35,610 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $34,420 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Indiana
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Indiana
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||610||$34,420||-19.7%|
|Film and Video Editors||100||$35,610||11.1%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||90||$65,520||-18.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Indiana