There are schools offering advertising programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Iowa
Coe College, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a advertising program. It is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, Coe College graduated 8 students from its advertising program. Students at Coe College paid $30,860 per year in tuition fees.
Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a advertising program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in advertising from Dordt College in 2010. The tuition rate at Dordt College was $23,180 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a advertising program is Grand View University, which is located in Des Moines. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Grand View University advertising program. Grand View University charged in-state students $20,292 in tuition fees per year.
Advertising schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $20,944 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,860 per year, or as little as $6,997 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa advertising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
- Loras College - located in Dubuque, students are charged $26,275 per year
The following Iowa advertising schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- Ashford University - located in Clinton, students are charged $16,270 per year
An advertising degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa advertising graduates become advertisers. 1,850 advertisers were working in Iowa in 2010. The largest populations of Iowa advertisers are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 350 advertisers
- Buena Vista County - 280 advertisers
- Benton County - 220 advertisers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,200 advertisers will be working in Iowa state. This would require the number of advertisers to grow by 7%.
On average, advertisers earn $47,000 per year. In 2010, however, some Iowa advertisers earned as little as less than $17,620 per year or as much as more than $87,030 per year. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for advertisers:
- Dallas County - $86,620 per year
- Black Hawk County - $46,990 per year
- Buena Vista County - $39,980 per year
On average, advertisers earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Johnson County - $31,410 per year
- Allamakee County - $32,410 per year
- Adair County - $33,390 per year
For more data regarding a career in advertising in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Iowa
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,850||$47,000||-8.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||470||$77,140||11.9%|
|Writers and Authors||300||$45,140||-47.4%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||190||$82,890||-45.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Iowa