There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Iowa
Your Favorite Schools
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a civil engineering program is Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, Dordt College graduated 3 students from its civil engineering program. Dordt College charged in-state students $23,180 in tuition fees per year.
University of Iowa, which was ranked 59th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Iowa City. In 2010, 95 students graduated from University of Iowa civil engineering program. The tuition rate at University of Iowa was $7,417 per year.
Iowa State University, which is located in Ames, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 145 students graduated from Iowa State University civil engineering program. The tuition rate at Iowa State University was $6,997 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa civil engineering school, average tuition will be $7,077 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,540 per year to $23,180 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dordt College - located in Sioux Center, students are charged $23,180 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
- Iowa State University - located in Ames, students are charged $6,997 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Des Moines Area Community College - located in Ankeny, students are charged $3,750 per year
- Hawkeye Community College - located in Waterloo, students are charged $3,752 per year
A civil engineering degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from civil engineering school in Iowa go on to work as a civil engineer. If you decide to work as a civil engineer in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,550 Iowa civil engineers as of 2010. In Iowa, the largest numbers of civil engineers work in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 430 civil engineers
- Scott County - 270 civil engineers
- Appanoose County - 200 civil engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of civil engineers is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,070 civil engineers working in the Iowa then.
A civil engineer in Iowa makes an average of $75,150 per year. However, Iowa civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,690 per year to more than $113,240 per year in 2010. A civil engineer in the following Iowa counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dallas County - $80,230 per year
- Johnson County - $78,140 per year
- Scott County - $77,470 per year
The Iowa counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Benton County - $68,640 per year
- Appanoose County - $68,690 per year
- Allamakee County - $69,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Iowa
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Iowa
Want to study at your own time and pace?
Consider Online Schools as a great alternative flexible option to earn a degree!View Online Schools
Featured Online Schools
|Distance||School||City||State||Rating||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|6,304 miles from location||University of Iowa||Iowa City||IA||41.0192||32%||28,987|
|6,411 miles from location||Iowa State University||Ames||IA||40.2518||42%||27,945|
|6,411 miles from location||Des Moines Area Community College||Ankeny||IA||20.0292||n/a||22,324|
|6,255 miles from location||Eastern Iowa Community College District||Davenport||IA||17.5378||n/a||8,480|
|6,344 miles from location||Hawkeye Community College||Waterloo||IA||19.0386||n/a||6,321|
|6,526 miles from location||Iowa Western Community College||Council Bluffs||IA||15.4504||n/a||6,100|
|6,453 miles from location||Southwestern Community College||Creston||IA||23.1225||n/a||1,680|
|6,536 miles from location||Dordt College||Sioux Center||IA||64.1148||43%||1,322|
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineers +||1,550||$75,150||9.9%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians +||800||$46,380||21.2%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters +||700||$45,810||-16.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Iowa