There are schools offering communications degreess in Iowa!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Iowa
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of Iowa receive communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 731 communications professionals graduate from Iowa's 31 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a communications program is Luther College, which is located in Decorah. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 27 students graduated with a degree in communications from Luther College in 2010. Students at Luther College paid $33,480 per year in tuition fees.
Wartburg College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a communications program. It is located in Waverly. In 2010, Wartburg College graduated 35 students from its communications program. Wartburg College charged in-state students $29,020 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a communications program is Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in communications from Dordt College in 2010. The tuition rate at Dordt College was $23,180 per year.
Communications schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $18,310 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,480 per year, or as little as $3,540 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Wartburg College - located in Waverly, students are charged $29,020 per year
- Drake University - located in Des Moines, students are charged $26,960 per year
The communications schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Hawkeye Community College - located in Waterloo, students are charged $3,752 per year
For more data regarding a career in communications in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Communications in Iowa
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Iowa
- Certificate in Communications in Iowa
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,850||$47,000||-8.4%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||890||$28,480||6.0%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||710||$29,850||-7.8%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||710||$20,030|
|Writers and Authors||300||$45,140||-47.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Iowa