There are schools offering computer networking courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Iowa
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Iowa graduates receive degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 150 computer network administrators graduate from Iowa's 17 computer networking schools.
University of Northern Iowa, which is located in Cedar Falls, is the top-ranked school in Iowa that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from University of Northern Iowa's computer networking program. Students at University of Northern Iowa paid $7,008 per year in tuition fees.
Saint Ambrose University, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a computer networking program. It is located in Davenport. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Saint Ambrose University computer networking program. The tuition rate at Saint Ambrose University was $23,910 per year.
Vatterott College, which is located in Des Moines, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Vatterott College in 2010. Students at Vatterott College paid $11,306 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Iowa's computer networking schools ranges from $23,910 per year to $3,120 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,900 per year. The Iowa computer networking schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Ambrose University - located in Davenport, students are charged $23,910 per year
- ITT Technical Institute - located in Clive, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus - located in Davenport, students are charged $15,627 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Hawkeye Community College - located in Waterloo, students are charged $3,752 per year
A computer networking degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Iowa go on to work as a computer network administrator. 4,050 computer network administrators were working in Iowa in 2010. The Iowa counties with the largest populations of computer network administrators are:
- Dallas County - 1,830 computer network administrators
- Appanoose County - 510 computer network administrators
- Benton County - 440 computer network administrators
The government projects that the number of computer network administrators in Iowa will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,890 computer network administrators working in Iowa.
On average, a computer network administrator earns a salary of $63,160 per year in Iowa state. The counties in Iowa with the highest average salary for a computer network administrator are:
- Dallas County - $69,440 per year
- Benton County - $65,110 per year
- Adair County - $64,380 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Iowa counties:
- Appanoose County - $49,410 per year
- Allamakee County - $51,600 per year
- Dubuque County - $55,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in computer networking. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Iowa
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Iowa
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||90||$57,740||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Iowa