There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Iowa!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa that has a dental hygienist program is Iowa Central Community College. Iowa Central Community College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Dodge. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Iowa Central Community College's dental hygienist program. Tuition at Iowa Central Community College was $3,990 per year.
Des Moines Area Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Ankeny. In 2010, Des Moines Area Community College graduated 20 students from its dental hygienist program. Tuition at Des Moines Area Community College was $3,750 per year.
The third-ranked school in Iowa with a dental hygienist program is Hawkeye Community College, which is located in Waterloo. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. 17 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Hawkeye Community College in 2010. Hawkeye Community College charged in-state students $3,752 in tuition fees per year.
Dental hygienist schools in Iowa, charge students an average tuition of $3,694 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,990 per year, or as little as $3,204 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Iowa Central Community College - located in Fort Dodge, students are charged $3,990 per year
- Iowa Western Community College - located in Council Bluffs, students are charged $3,960 per year
- Marshalltown Community College - located in Marshalltown, students are charged $3,816 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
A dental hygienist degree from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental hygienist graduates in Iowa pursue careers as a dental hygienist. If you decide to work as a dental hygienist in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,890 Iowa dental hygienists as of 2010. The largest populations of Iowa dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 440 dental hygienists
- Appanoose County - 360 dental hygienists
- Scott County - 250 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 31% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,480 dental hygienists working in the Iowa then.
On average, dental hygienists earn $63,880 per year. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in Iowa had varying salaries from $41,980 to $86,520 per year in 2010. On average a dental hygienist earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Adair County - $67,770 per year
- Allamakee County - $67,550 per year
- Buena Vista County - $67,080 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Johnson County - $59,020 per year
- Dubuque County - $59,570 per year
- Black Hawk County - $61,060 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Iowa
- Certificate in Dental Hygiene in Iowa
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Iowa